Click on a dataset to open de Data Details Panel, view and edit data details.
The details panel has four sections:
The header displays the following information:
- Layer Format: An icon displays the layer format.
- Name: You can change the name.
- Other Actions: Click on the options button (...) to do the following actions:
Close: Click X to close the details panel.
The Information tab displays the following information:
- Identifier: Identifier created by default when adding the layer.
- Author: Name of the user who created the layer.
- Records: Number of map features of the layer.
Projection: Projection of the layer.
- Description: Enter a description of your data.
- Metadata: Detail the sources and metadata of your data.
- Clusters: Clusters can be activated for point layers, using the Create Clusters option. Once this process is done, the server clusters are available in the CartoVista Publisher. They will not be activated by default, unless when the layer contains large volume of points.
- Creation Date: Date and time of the creation of the layer.
- Modified Date: Date and time of the last update of the layer.
- Tile Rendering: Vector tilling allows you to create maps that contain a large volume of data. Above 20 000 map features, the layer will be tiled by default. Above 75 000 map features, the layer will be tiled by default and the tiled rendering option will be locked to ensure map performance. When the tiled rendering is not activated, you can select a simplification mode and the precision:
- Simplification: This option is available for polygon and polyline layers only. The greater the simplification, the more nodes from the original feature will be removed. By removing nodes, the data set becomes smaller, faster to load, and improves your map performance.
- Precision: The number of decimals for coordinates.
- Unique Identifier Column: Choose the column to use of Unique identifier. Use the auto-generated identifier if you have no such column.
The Links tab display the list of data and maps that are linked to this dataset:
- List of Data: The first object of the list is the selected layer's data. Other objects are data from linked data tables. Click on one of the objects in the list to view a Data Table.
- Link Data: You can link a layer to multiple data tables if you have modification access to them. You can delete the data join by clicking X, unless the layer is used in a map.
- List of Maps tab displays the list of maps that use the layer.
The Permissions tab displays the following information:
- Public: The Public option allows you to share layers without having to manage accounts for users. When this option is enabled, the layer is accessible without authentication. If not, it is available only for specific users.
- Access Permission: Users and groups who have an access permission can:
- View the layer.
- Use the layer in the CartoVista Publisher.
- Modify Permission: Users and groups who have a modify permission can: