The Default Values panel allows you to configure them according to your criteria
The Default Values tab is divided into three sections:
The following settings determine the defaults used when a new thematic analysis is created.
- Default Calculation Method: Sets the default range calculation method from the following options.
|Quantiles||Distributes a set of data into groups that contain an equal number of values. This method will never create empty groups or groups with too few or too many values|
|Jenks||Also referred to as natural breaks, this method is designed to determine the best arrangement of values into different groups. This is done by seeking to reduce the variance within groups and maximize the variance between groups|
|Equal Ranges||Divides a set of data into groups of equal size|
|Standard Deviation||Quantifies the amount of variation or dispersion within a set of data. Each group is defined against the average value, adding or subtracting a standard deviation group for each|
- Default Color Palette: Sets the default colour palette for ranges thematic analysis.
- Default Overlay Color Palette: Sets the default colour palette for overlay symbol thematic analysis.
- Fill Pattern: Opens the Color Picker dialogue to define the default fill pattern colour, to learn more about the Color Picker, click here.
- N/A Values: Opens the Color Picker dialogue to define the default N/A value colour, to learn more about the Color Picker, click here.
- Filters Defined by User Apply to All Theme Sets: When enabled, the filters added by the user in the CartoVista Viewer will be kept when changing from one theme set to another. When disabled, any existing filters will be removed each time the user changes the theme set. Some theme sets may contain filters. These themes set some specific filters that are always applied when the theme set is loaded, overwriting the filters set by the user.
- Individual values threshold for multi checkbox filter on numeric values: By default, logical expressions are used to filter values when there are more than 10 different values in numeric thematic data. You can change this threshold to filter by check box instead.
- Individual values threshold for multi checkbox filter on string values: By default, logical expressions are used to filter values when there are more than 50 different values in a string thematic data. You can change this threshold to filter by check box instead.