The CartoVista Publisher activation license key is used to activate the desktop product on a limited number of computers.
The CartoVista Publisher activation license key is used to activate the desktop product on a limited number of computers. It also defines the modules that are enabled. The management of this key is done in the License dialogue, available in the Help menu.
This article is valid only for people who have the stand-alone version of the CartoVista Viewer and Publisher
The key formats for the CartoVista Viewer and the CartoVista Publisher are different.
The License dialogue is used to:
- Move a License to another computer,
- Manually activate a license,
- Extend an expired 30-Day Trial License,
- Deactivate the CartoVista publisher.
For information on how to obtain a license key, contact our support/sales team by email at: email@example.com.
Activate a License
By default, the CartoVista Publisher installs with a 30-day trial license. To activate a purchased license, you must have an internet connection and enter the following information in the License dialogue:
- Enter the license key in the Serial code text box.
- Enter your Contact Name and Contact email to receive information regarding the CartoVista Publisher updates.
- Click Activate.
The End User License Agreement window will open and you will be required to confirm acceptance of the license. Click the I ACCEPT THE LICENSE AGREEMENT check box and then click OK.
The CartoVista Publisher will attempt to connect to the CartoVista License Server to activate the license. On successful activation, the License dialogue will be displayed, with the following information:
- The Activate button is replaced by a Deactivate button.
- The Status displayed is License valid.
- The list of Modules refers to the options purchased with your license.
If you are unable to activate the license (for example, a firewall prevents connection to the CartoVista License Server), follow the instructions to Manually Activate a License.
Move a License to Another Computer
You can click Deactivate to remove the license from your computer and activate the license on another computer. Once you have deactivated the license:
- The Status displayed is License deactivated.
- The Deactivate button changes back to an Activate button, ready for you to activate a license again.
Install the CartoVista Publisher on the other computer, and activate the license code.
You must deactivate the license key before uninstalling the CartoVista Publisher to free the key and avoid losing the activation. Otherwise, you will not be able to activate the license on another computer.
Manually Activate a License
Sometimes it is not possible to connect to the CartoVista License Server with the Internet activation. In those circumstances, CartoVista can provide you with a manual license to activate without using the Internet.
- Copy your Computer ID and Serial code and send them via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. CartoVista will use these values to generate a manual activation license. This license will be emailed back to you. Enter this license in the Serial Code text box and click Activate.
If you need to transfer your license to another computer, you can also do a manual deactivation.
- Copy the Deactivation code and send it via email to email@example.com. This will enable CartoVista to release the license installation record for your computer and allow you to install it on another computer.
Extend an Expired 30-Day Trial License
If your trial license has expired, click Extend evaluation. The CartoVista Publisher will attempt to connect to the CartoVista License Server and extend your trial license for another 30 days. You may only extend the trial license once.
If you are unable to connect to the CartoVista License Server, or there is a problem extending the trial, send an email including your Computer ID to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deactivate the CartoVista Publisher
If you need to remove the license from your computer, open the License dialogue, available under the Help > Licenses… option
In the Licence dialogue, click Deactivate.